Mojo Motorcycles Pty Ltd., the Australian distributor for CFMOTO, has released an updated quad bike range that complies with stage 2 of the Australian Government mandatory Consumer Goods (Quad Bike) Safety Standard.
The Australian Government announced the introduction of the Consumer Goods (Quad Bike) Safety Standard in October 2019. This standard is being introduced over two stages. The requirements under stage 1 must be met by October 11th 2020, and the requirements under stage 2 by October 11th 2021.
CONSUMER GOODS (QUAD BIKE) SAFETY STANDARD
The mandatory legislation that applies to all new ‘general-use’ quad bike models sold in Australia is outlined below:
STAGE 1 (by October 11th 2020)
- All quad bikes must meet the specified requirements of the US quad bike Standard ANSI/SVIA 1-2017 or the EN 15997:2011 Standard.
- All quad bikes must be tested for static stability using a tilt table test and display the angle at which it tips on to two wheels on a hang tag at the point of sale.
- All quad bikes must have a durable label affixed, visible and legible when the quad bike is in operation, alerting the operator to the risk of rollover and must include rollover safety information in the owner’s manual.
STAGE 2 (by October 11th 2021)
- All general-use model quad bikes must be fitted with, or have integrated into the design an operator protection device.
- All general-use model quad bikes must meet the minimum stability requirements of:
- Lateral stability – a minimum TTR of 0.55 (28.81 degrees)
- Front and rear longitudinal pitch stability – a minimum TTR of 0.8 (38.65 degrees)
A requirement of the Consumer Goods Quad Bike Safety Standard is that all quad bikes are tested for static stability using a tilt table test and display the angle at which it tips on to two wheels on a hang tag at the point of sale.
Crashlab (NSW) conducted the tilt angle test for all CFMOTO quad bikes for both lateral stability (sideways) and longitudinal stability (forward and back) tilt angles.
The minimum standard to pass the lateral stability tilt angle test is 28.81 degrees. The test is conducted with the vehicle in a stationary position and weighted as if a rider was on board. All testing was conducted with a Quadbar OPD installed.
The results are listed on each model page and display the legislations minimum standard in comparison to each model’s recorded test result for lateral stability.
(Results achieved are conducted with each CFMOTO quad bike fitted with a Quadbar OPD)
All CFMOTO quad bikes not only meet the minimum standard, they exceed it, and in many cases with a comfortable margin. Quad bikes with a higher stability test result are more stable.
Quadbar is an Australian owned company involved in the engineering and manufacturing of OPDs sold under the Quadbar brand internationally.
Established in 2007, Quadbar have sold in excess of 20,000 OPDs to Australian farmers with no reported fatalities. Quadbars are manufactured in Clifton, Queensland, and are an approved OPD listed in the Quad Bike Safety Standard.
All stage 2 complaint quad bikes are fitted with Quadbar OPDs that are installed by our dealer network during pre-delivery.
All CFMOTO stage 2 complaint quad bikes are fitted with Quadbar OPDs.
Additional information can be found at Quadbar
HOW DO I KNOW IF A PARTICULAR MODEL MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE STANDARD?
Mojo Motorcycles, the Australian importer of CFMOTO, has introduced an updated range of quad bikes that meet stage 2 requirements of the Consumer Goods (Quad Bike) Safety Standard. If the model is advertised with the ‘Quad Bike Safety Standard Compliant’ logo, it is compliant with the requirements of stage 2 and will be supplied with a Quadbar OPD installed.
When a model is shown with the ‘Quad Bike Safety Standard Compliant’ logo on this website, the price shown on the model page is the ride away price for the quad bike fitted with a Quadbar OPD. For further information on stock availability of quad bikes compliant with the standard, please contact your local Dealer.
CFMOTO has no affiliation to Quadbar. The Quadbar OPD is installed by your CFMOTO Dealer during pre-delivery.